Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Retro to me, new to the kidlet...They Might Be Giants












They Might Be Giants....but for my kid? You bet your bloomers!
My son (age 6) has a new obsession, and who would have thunk it!? It's They Might Be Giant's two DVDs "Here Come the ABCs" and "Here Come the 123s", a collection of witty, quirky, and (don't tell) a little bit educational video tidbits. We got hooked on it when Disney and Noggin started playing the video for "Zeroes" in between shows. I know neither of these discs is particularly new, but they're worth seeking out...and those of you without kids may not have seen this new venture, so here you go.
If I stop to think about it, it really does make sense, since TMBG was doing quirky, thought inducing music even back in the 90s when I was listening to them in college. It relays nicely to the kid scene, and gives Mom something fun to listen to with the wee one. I've posted three of their video tidbits above, so enjoy them with someone you think is nifty.




No comments: